SaskCulture Online Grant Platform
Terms of Service
SaskCulture’s Online Grant Platform (the “Platform”) is a multi-user, online grant application and review system. It enables users the ability to fill out, share, review, and submit grant applications in a secure online format, as well as the ability to keep all grant application and follow-up information in a password protected online account that can be assessed by users from any location with Internet access.
These Terms of Service govern your use of the Platform. By accessing the system, as well as the third party services necessary to use the Platform, and by using the Platform, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
- You agree to use the Platform only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting content:
- that is harassing, obscene, abusive, illegal, pornographic, discriminatory, or that otherwise violates applicable laws or SaskCulture policies;
- that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe the rights of any third party, in Canada or in any other country in the world; and
- that is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data, or other malicious software or harmful data).
- SaskCulture makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality, or performance of any third party services or software that may be used in connection with the Platform.
- SaskCulture reserves the right to manage the Platform to protect the rights and property of SaskCulture and others and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Platform, including disabling your account without notice to you.
- SaskCulture reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, make changes to or limit, suspend, or discontinue without prior notice. SaskCulture may, at its sole discretion, remove content from the Platform. SaskCulture is not liable for any loss or damage arising from the removal of content or the discontinuance of the Platform.
- SaskCulture makes no representations as to the quality or functionality of the Platform and the safety of your content once uploaded to the Platform. You agree that SaskCulture shall have no liability to you with respect to damaged, inaccessible, or lost content that you upload to the Platform. You agree to fully indemnify SaskCulture for any losses, liabilities, costs, claims, or expenses that SaskCulture may suffer as a result of your violation of these Terms of Service.
- You shall not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Platform or the servers and networks that are connected to the Platform.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE PLATFORM AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. IN NO EVENT SHALL SASKCULTURE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SASKCULTURE'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SASKCULTURE DOES NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THE PLATFORM, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ELSEWHERE, AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- SaskCulture reserves the right to update these Terms of Service from time to time, without prior notice to you.
- SaskCulture receives and uses information for the purpose of providing and improving the Platform, including but not limited to: domain name and IP address, country the IP address is from, type of browser, operating system, date and time of last access to the Platform, pages accessed, and information voluntarily provided by visitors, such as survey information, email address or site registrations.
The Platform database also collects submitted data on the organization, its programs and services, its financial information, funding requests, endorsements, etc. in order for SaskCulture and its selected adjudicators to make decisions on funding support provided. This information is kept protected and confidential but will be disclosed to those involved in the process, including but not limited to SaskCulture staff and identified jury members.
SaskCulture makes reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, SaskCulture employs generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures, and cryptography, to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized use.
All information collected through the Platform is required to process individual grant applications for review as part of the funding adjudication process, as outlined in the Trust Guidelines for the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation. SaskCulture may share personal information with third parties engaged to assist it with or carry out this process.
Except for as provided in these Terms of Service, SaskCulture will not otherwise knowingly disclose personal information or potentially personal information to other third parties, except when required to do so, such as in order to comply with any law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or if necessary or appropriate to address an unlawful or harmful activity.
SaskCulture uses an aggregate of the information collected for statistical analysis to showcase the impact of the Culture Section of Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation and help improve services. SaskCulture may disclose information in aggregate to third parties, including but not limited to members and/or government organizations for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to, for audits, evaluation, research, planning, and reporting.
SaskCulture and the Platform occasionally use “cookies” to track traffic to and from the site and help us improve performance. The information collected from cookies does not allow us to identify individuals.
- You are solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your content on the Platform. By uploading content, you affirm that you own or have obtained the necessary rights and/or authorizations from the copyright holders.
- Images logos and pictures bearing the name or words SaskCulture Inc. or its affiliates are protected by copyright laws, in Canada and other countries. Only groups receiving funding from Saskatchewan Lotteries are entitled to use the trademarked logos for use in recognizing their funding sources. Other groups wishing to use the trademark logos, slogans, graphics or designs must request permission from SaskCulture Inc.
- Failure to abide by these Terms of Service may, at the sole discretion of SaskCulture, result in termination of your ability to use the Platform.